The legislation that regulates electrical work and workers in Manitoba changed as of January 1, 2006. All electrical workers in Industry are required to be licensed. The changes that were made to the Electricians Licence Act E50 were made specifically to address the issue of public safety, which ensures that every electrical worker is trained to a safe standard.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner - Mechanical & Engineering Branch in co-operation with CTTAM developed a category to the Limited licence specifically for Technicians and Technologists. This licence is available to qualified CTTAM members in the following disciplines: Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronic, Communication, Computer, Biomedical and Mechanical.
- Steps for Obtaining the Limited Licence
- CTTAM Limited Licence Registration Form
- The Provincial Government Application Form
- The Provincial Government Self Declaration of Work Form
- Work History Template
- Work History Template Sample
- Affidavit for MI License Eligibility
- CTTAM Safety Awareness Training Course
- Reclassification Form