The legislation that regulates electrical work and workers in Manitoba changed as of January 1, 2006. All electrical workers in Industry are required to be licensed. The changes that were made to the Electricians Licence Act E50 were made specifically to address the issue of public safety, which ensures that every electrical worker is trained to a safe standard.
The Department of Labour & Immigration - Mechanical & Engineering Branch in co-operation with CTTAM developed a category to the Limited licence specifically for Technicians and Technologists. This licence is available to qualified CTTAM members in the following disciplines: Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronic, Communication, Computer, Biomedical and Mechanical.
- Steps for Obtaining the Limited Licence
- CTTAM Limited Licence Registration Form
- The Provincial Government Application Form
- Work History Template
- The Department of Labour and Immigration Statutory Declaration Form
- Affidavit for MI License Eligibility
- CTTAM/Manitoba Hydro Safety Awareness Training Course
- CTTAM/Manitoba Hydro Safety Training Centre Map