Application for Transfers
CTTAM and other provincial constituent members of the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) have signed an agreement enabling most certified technicians and technologists the ability to transfer their credentials without undue difficulty. In most cases, this may be as simple as paying a transfer fee. In others, it may entail writing a professional practice exam.
For certified members from provincial constituent members of CCTT transferring to CTTAM the following is required:
- The completion of an Interprovincial Transfer Form
- A transfer fee of $50 as indicated on form
- A signed Statement of Acknowledgement indicating that the transferee has read and understood the CTTAM Code of Ethics, Bylaws, Act and related Acts from other Associations. Note: This option is available only to transferees that have completed the Professional Practice Exam in their province of origin.
International Transferability and Reciprocity
Applicants from the United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia may be eligible for transfer of membership or recognition of academics based on the following reciprocity / transferability agreements:
- Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) and the National Institute of Certified Engineering Technologists (NICET) - United States
- CCTT and the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) - United Kingdom
- Sydney Accord
- Dublin Accord
- Washington Accord